All of our administratvie services are complimentary and meant to help minimize delays in your care. The Business Office consists of the following departments: Scheduling, New Patient Orientation, Medical Records, Transcription, Patient Services, Hospital Coordination and Physician Billing and Insurance. The Business Office handles the logistical and operational duties of the office so that the practice is prepared daily to see patients in an orderly and expeditious fashion.
- Our scheduling staff works hard to manage all of the appointments for doctor, lab, treatment and diagnostic imaging visits. An automated service will call a day ahead to remind you of your appointment time for the following day.
- Our New Patient Coordinators orient patients who will be seeing us for the first time. They collect information about your health history and your current condition.
- Your health records are important to your care at CBC and are maintained by our Medical Records department. This department filters incoming records into patients' individual charts so that you and your team of medical professionals have complete information to make decisions about managing your health.
- We automatically furnish a complete report of each consultation to your personal physician. The Transcription department facilitates this process. After a physician meets with patients, he or she will dictate a full progress report. All members of the American Association for Medical Transcription, our transcriptionists transcribe the physicians' progress report and place the report in your chart.
- The Patient Services staff is available during regular business hours to make sure you are taken care of and to assist you in finding the answers you need. This department also acts as a liason to the physician staff and works closely with the triage nurse who help answer your questions before and after your treatment.
- The Hospital Coordinator maintains all of the hospital schedules for our physicians who are making rounds to see patients in the hospitals. Our Hospital Coordinator also collects and maintains all of the records from patients' hospital stays.
- Our Billing and Insurance staff includes two employees certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders to be certain that insurance claims are correctly coded, thus reducing insurance denials and delays in payment. Billing and Insurance personnel acquire insurance pre-authorization for tests and maintain referrals to other physicians. This staff is available to answer your billing and insurance questions during the regular hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Billing consists of two parts: physician billing which is handled on-site and the hospital outpatient billing, or provider-based billing, handled at Baptist East's billing offices.